How to become a real estate agent

How to become a real estate agent (2023 Updated)

Updated: 30 Day Pre Agent Mentor

Day 21 of 30 – Robert Earl’s Prospective Agent Mentorship Guide – Digital Agent Show Becoming a real estate agent can be a very rewarding career choice. At the end of October 2022, there were 1,600,886 members of the National Association of Realtors and many more real estate agents across the United States. Being a real estate professional allows you …

Can I get a real estate license if I have a prior felony or criminal record

Can I get a real estate license if I have a prior felony or criminal record?

Day 13 of 30 – Robert Earl’s Prospective Agent Mentorship Guide – Digital Agent Show Having a prior arrest on your record or a previous run in with the law does not necessarily disqualify you from getting your real estate license.   Think of it this way.  Two main considerations will come into play.  Both of these will come into play …

9 reasons I wished I would have had a mentor

9 reasons I wished I would have had a mentor when I first considered getting into real estate as an agent

and why I am offering to be one for you so that you don’t make over 100k in mistakes. Day 1 of 30 – Robert Earl’s Prospective Agent Mentorship Guide – Digital Agent Show When I first got into real estate as an agent, I wished that I would have had a mentor and guide.  Someone that would have been …

8 reasons why real estate school is so hard

8 reasons why real estate school is so hard

Day 18 of 30 – Robert Earl’s Prospective Agent Mentorship Guide – Digital Agent Show For some, real estate school is fairly easy to complete.  These individuals enter into the class, take the course and pass the exams on the first attempt without any difficulty.   Yet others come out of the class and all they can say is how hard …

What you should learn in real estate school

What you should learn in real estate school

& what is covered on the real estate exam Day 19 of 30 – Robert Earl’s Prospective Agent Mentorship Guide – Digital Agent Show Each state varies in the exact information that is covered in the real estate classes.  Different laws in different parts of the country are applied in different ways.   Yet each state follows a similar presentation format …

3 ways that prospective agents take way too long getting their real estate license

3 ways that prospective agents take way too long getting their real estate license

Day 4 of 30 – Robert Earl’s Prospective Agent Mentorship Guide – Digital Agent Show In my 20 plus years of mentoring new agents, I have found three key areas where prospective agents take too long to make these decisions.    They get stuck in a mode I call “Paralysis via Analysis.” People that fall into these traps lower their overall …

Everything you need to know about Real Estate School Financial Aid

Everything you need to know about Real Estate School Financial Aid

Day 15 of 30 – Robert Earl’s Prospective Agent Mentorship Guide – Digital Agent Show Can I get a loan or some type of financial aid for the real estate classes? The short answer is yes, but not in the traditional way that you think about financial aid.   Financial Aid Financial aid usually refers to the loan programs available to …

Which is the best online real estate school?

Which is the best online real estate school? Our Honest Review

Day 12 of 30 – Robert Earl’s Prospective Agent Mentorship Guide – Digital Agent Show Taking an online real estate course is the best way to get your real estate license.  That being said, you might be asking yourself, “Which is the best online real estate school?” To be on this list, an online school must be accredited and approved …

What high school classes or college courses should I take for real estate

What high school classes or college courses should I take for real estate?

Day 11 of 30 – Robert Earl’s Prospective Agent Mentorship Guide – Digital Agent Show If you are thinking about making real estate your career and are in high school you might have some questions about what classes you should take to prepare you for the real estate course.  To be clear, no state has any requirements for specific courses …

12 things that need to happen after your real estate school is done

12 things that need to happen after your real estate school is done

Day 9 of 30 – Robert Earl’s Prospective Agent Mentorship Guide – Digital Agent Show So many prospective real estate agents are so focused on selecting a real estate school that they forget to ask, “What happens after real estate school?” You took the plunge and finished the course. Now what? Working with the number of prospective agents that I …

Is it a good time to get my real estate license & become an agent

Is it a good time to get my real estate license & become an agent with a looming recession?

Day 8 of 30 – Robert Earl’s Prospective Agent Mentorship Guide – Digital Agent Show In my 22 plus years of being in the real estate business, there have been 3 ideal times to get into real estate.  The first was 2001 after the attacks on September 11th.  The second was just after the housing bubble burst in 2008 so …

You might be asking yourself: What do I have to do to get a real estate license?

Day 7 of 30 – Robert Earl’s Prospective Agent Mentorship Guide – Digital Agent Show Getting a real estate license is one of the easier tasks to accomplish.   The process is fairly straightforward and each state has its own set of requirements that are overall very similar to each other.  I will share with you what you have to do …

If you have used a GPS, you understand why you need a real estate mentor as a prospective or new agent.

If you have used a GPS, you understand why you need a real estate mentor as a prospective or new agent.

Day 3 of 30 – Robert Earl’s Prospective Agent Mentorship Guide – Digital Agent Show You are all ready to take your vacation.  You pack up the car and the kids and are ready to head to Disney World in Florida.  You are currently in the Chicago area.  If this was the case, what destination would you put into your …

I have reviewed over 50 real estate schools and found 11 reasons why online courses are better than classroom courses

I have reviewed over 50 real estate schools and found 11 reasons why online courses are better than classroom courses

Day 5 of 30 – Robert Earl’s Prospective Agent Mentorship Guide – Digital Agent Show States that don’t have online courses available are still in the stone ages.  Luckily, most people live in a state that offers an online course.   Why is this important?  Since 2012, I have reviewed over 50 real estate schools.  Both classroom based and online courses …